Flock Seeks “Kith and Kin”Themed Submissions
Deadline: May 31, 2019
Flock (est. 2002) seeks creative nonfiction, fiction, and poetry submissions for our fall themed issue, KITH AND KIN. Winner of a 2018 CLMP Firecracker Award, the journal opens space for boundary-pushing literature by publishing emotionally resonant work that is strange yet familiar, surprising but grounded, and softly experimental in form, language, or content. They are also open for artwork and graphic literature.
For more details, visit flocklit.com
Our DoveTales journal is a manifestation of the Writing for Peace mission to promote writing that explores the many aspects of peace. One of our goals is to expose young writers to a diverse collection of thoughtful works by both established and emerging writers, as well as our Writing for Peace advisers.
DoveTales also features works by the winners of our annual Young Writer Competition. The journal will be released on July 1, 2018. There is no fee for submission, but please read our guidelines carefully.
Theme: The theme of our 2018 issue of DoveTales is Empathy in Art: Embracing the Other. As in our previous issues, we encourage contributors to take a broad view of the definitions of “empathy,” “art,” and “other” within the context of peace.
- The reading period begins October 1st, 2017, and ends March 15th, 2018, for a publication date of July 1, 2018
- We prefer previously unpublished work, but if you feel your published piece is especially relevant to our theme, and you own the rights to it, please give us all the particulars of its publishing history so we can be sure to properly credit the previous publisher.
- Work must be submitted electronically through Submittable. Please include a 50-word third-person biography, and make sure your contact information and mailing address are current.
- We are happy to accept simultaneous submissions, but please inform us immediately if your work has been accepted elsewhere.
- Contributors maintain all rights to their work, but grant Writing for Peace the right to publish work in both hard copy and e-book formats. Contributors will receive one complimentary hard copy of the journal. Should the piece be re-published later, we would be grateful for a mention.
The theme of our 2018 issue of DoveTales is Empathy in Art: Embracing the Other. As in our previous issues, we encourage contributors to take a broad view of the definitions of “empathy,” “art,” and “other” within the context of peace.
Learn More About Writing For Peace Here
Complete Guidelines Here
Call for Submissions
From their call:
“We are officially open for submissions in fiction, poetry, creative nonfiction, and visual art & photography. We seek high-energy pieces that reflect the rush of life, and we are delighted in our ability to pay writers.”
All submissions must be submitted through Submittable by November 15, 2017.