Solidago Journal is open for submissions!
“We’re looking for prose, poetry, and art for our Fall 2017 issue. The theme is TRADITION, and our cover image (to which we also invite responses) can be found on our website (link below). We can’t pay our contributors, but all contributors will receive a complimentary copy of our print edition. No submission fee. We look forward to reading your work!”
Better late than never 🙂 Since I missed yesterday….
Anomaly (formerly known as Drunken Boat) is accepting submissions in poetry, fiction, nonfiction, comics, and translation from June 1 – September 1. Send your best, most challenging work through Submittable today! anmly.org/submit
SPECIAL CALL: Anomaly’s GLITTERBRAIN folio seeks work by queer and trans indigenous people and people of color who identify as mentally-ill, neurodivergent, or as having mental illness. Send up to 5 pieces, and a brief bio to sarahATanomalouspressDOTorg by August 15th.
Call for Submissions
Issue 7 of Panoply, now through Sunday, July 23.
Some key submissions criteria:
- Unpublished pieces only.
- Simultaneous submissions are ok, but please notify us ASAP if a piece is withdrawn.
- Poetry or short prose (<=500 words for prose – We’ve had to decline some prose pieces that were above our word count limit. Please comply.)
- We read 100% blind. Do not put your name or other identifying information on the pieces. Use Submittable’s Bio/Notes box for your personal bio of <=60 words.
- Maximum of 3 pieces per submission.
- Please submit ONE attachment, preferably in MS WORD, with each piece beginning on a new page.
- Please submit in 12 pt font, preferably something popular such as Times New Roman, Calibri, or Arial.
- We prefer single-spaced formats, except when alternate spacing is a deliberate part of the layout.
- Our software limits our ability to indent and create horizontal space across a line of text. We’ll do our best to preserve original formats, but keep in mind our limitations.
- Hard copy will not be accepted and will be destroyed.
- Issue 7 is unthemed.
- We tend to respond to most pieces after the window has closed. So, please be patient as you await our reply.
To submit, please visit: Panoply’s Submittable Page.
elsewhere is an online magazine that publishes every two months, publishing prose poetry, flash fiction and non-fiction.
From the elsewhere website:
elsewhere cares only about the line / no line. We want short prose works (flash fiction, prose poetry, nonfiction) that cross, blur, and/or mutilate genre. We publish six writers and one photo quarterly. Give us your homeless, your animals, your lunch money: we’re hungry.
up to 3 pieces of unlineated prose poetry, any length. up to two essays in a single document, each less than 1,000 words.
up to two stories in a single document, each less than 1,000 words.
up to two essays in a single document, each less than 1,000 words.
submit up to 3 photographs for consideration as a cover image in JPG or PNG format. landscape orientation required, original size 3000px x 1700px minimum.