HARTS & Minds is seeking submissions of original, creative work for our next issue: Chromatography.
Deadline: Feb 16, 2018
Open to interpretations of chromatography for creative work, including:
• Colour symbolism
• The materiality of colour – pigments, paints, textiles
• Colour history
• The significance of colour in different cultures
• The effect of colour science and optics on the humanities
• Synaesthesia, or hearing/tasting/smelling colour
• Black and white or the ‘absence of colour’
• Language and naming colour
• Gendered, queer or so called ‘perverse’ colours
• Colour and the emotions and the senses
• Architectural colour and the environment
• Colour theory
• Natural vs. synthetic or unnatural colour
• Colour in Advertising and Media
• The psychology of colour
Submissions are open to poetry (3 short poems or 1 long poem), short stories, creative essays and book reviews (up to 4,000 words).
All submissions are accepted through e-mail at editors@… until 16th February 2016.
Full guidelines and submission call can be found on their website
Follow them on Twitter @HartsMinds!