Friday Call for Submissions Love!
Sediments Literary-Arts Journal
Sediments Literary-Arts Journal is a quarterly online literary journal that features work from new and emerging writers and artists as well as the established ones who inspire them. We understand how hard it is to get that first publication under your belt. The process can sometimes be disheartening. Unsure of what publishers really want, new artists can be blown with the wind, changing their aesthetic and losing their passion in order to conform to standards they think publishers want. Here at Sediments, we provide a platform where you can deposit your artistic style. We want your submissions to be compelling, thought-provoking, and force us to question our reality. We love diversity, and we are obsessed with controversy. Help us build a rock of unpublished artists whose voices are finally scratching the surface of the literary sphere. We accept poetry, flash fiction, short stories, and art.
Submit to Sediments
Sediments Literary-Arts Journal accepts poetry, short stories, and art. Accepted work will be published to the homepage every Sunday at 11AM, as well as be collected into a quarterly, digital zine. View previous issues here.
What We Want…
- Please submit your paintings, illustrations, drawings, digital media, photography, etc.
- You may submit up to 15 pieces. We most likely will select more than one, and we want a lot to choose from.
- Include your preferred name, third-person biography, the preferred title(s) of your piece(s), and the medium you used (photography, acrylic on canvas, etc.) in your cover letter.
- Artwork should be high-resolution digital copies.
- Images of your artwork must be in jpeg, png, or tiff format.
- All submitted artwork will automatically be considered for the cover art of that issue.
- Please submit 3-5 poems of any length (keeping in mind that shorter poems have a higher chance of being published) in ONE Word document (DOC or DOCX only).
- Separate ONE poem per page.
- We’d love to see prose/narrative or lyrical poems and poems that experiment with form.
- Submit your poems about anything. We accept poems on a variety of topics, humorous or serious. We’re not against love poems, but give those love poems some edge, something we’ve never seen before!
- Please submit ONE short story up to 3,500 words or no more than THREE flash fiction pieces up to 1,000 words each.
- Flash fiction pieces should be in ONE document. Each story should start on a new page.
- Submit your fiction in Word documents only (DOC or DOCX).
- Your pieces should be well-written, adult literary fiction.
- Although we welcome genres like science fiction, horror, fantasy, and even erotica, your stories should be written within the scope of adult literary fiction with elements of the aforementioned genres very subtle.
- Formatting should be in 12-point Times New Roman or a font that is easy to read, with one-inch margins and double-spaced.
- Please include the word count in the top left-hand margin of the first page.
Read Current Issue of Sediments Literary-Arts Journal: http://sedimentslit.com/project-type/issue-four/